SSC Celebrates the 41st Nutrition Month
The Technology and Livelihood Education (TLE) Area spearheaded Nutrition Month 2015 with the theme “Timbang Iwasto sa Tamang Nutrisyon at Ehersisyo.” It was launched last July 13, 2015 through the presentation of the activities aligned with the celebration.
One of the highlights of the month-long event was the “Move It and Lose It” organized for the entire High School Unit by the teachers from the TLE Area in collaboration with the Music, Arts, Physical Education and Health (MAPEH) Area. The 20-minute activity aimed to encourage the members of the community to engage themselves in Zumba – a dance fitness program that helps people gain or maintain their ideal weight.
The other activities also undertaken during the Nutrition Month were:
- The Scholastican Diet (July 13-31, 2015) – encouraged Scholasticans to eat healthy foods based on the weekly Kulasa diet that included Fruity Monday, Veggie Tuesday, Fiber-Packed Wednesday, Sugarless Thursday, and Fried-less Friday.
- The Belly Good Health Program for the Faculty (July 13 – Aug. 31, 2015) – designed to monitor the eating patterns of the faculty members using their waist measurement as basis; teachers were challenged to achieve their ideal waist circumference at the end of two months.
- The Calorie Counter (July 13-31, 2015) – a campaign board which presented nutrition facts and a calorie table in order for the students and teachers to be made aware of their calorie intake.
- Nutri-Quiz (July 13-31, 2015) – similar to Nutri-Quiz on Air; nutria[tion] questions were read through the Public Announcement (PA) system; students who answered correctly were given prizes.
- Project SALAD (SArap LAsapin dahil sa Dressing) (July 31, 2015) – a fund raising activity of the area wherein each student was asked to pay 10.00Php; the amount of 7,462.34Php was donated to the Tanggapan ng Kalinga (TK), the outreach center of the High School Unit
By Mr. Raymund Testa, Faculty