THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
The Graduate School of St. Scholastica’s College Manila seeks capable and motivated students who desire a Christian education that provides solid grounding in their selected program of study, and who are willing to commit themselves to pursuing it.
Admission policies of the Graduate School of SSC are set by the Admissions Office in coordination with the administration. A variety of information about each applicant is considered in order to estimate ability and motivation to do successful work at SSC. The applicant’s College records, test scores, recommendations, interview, and application give evidence of her/his academic ability and potential. It is the combination of these factors which determines admission to the graduate program. St. Scholastica’s College welcomes qualified applicants without reference to gender, race, creed, ethnicity, country of origin, or handicap.
For School Year 2021-2022, exams and interviews are temporarily waived. The school reserves the right to make the final decision in all cases after thorough study and deliberation.
Admissions Office Contact Information
Phone: (632) 8567-7686 local 8169 or 8163
General Admission Requirements
1. Applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited/reputable institution of higher learning preferably with a major in the graduate area for which the applicant is applying. Undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPAs) or Cumulative Quality Point Averages (CQPAs) required by the respective graduate areas must be complied with prior to admission to the graduate program.
2. Applicants who complete their undergraduate degrees from institutions other than SSC or applicants without the appropriate degree must have taken or will have to take undergraduate subjects and/or foundation subjects as prescribed in their chosen field of study.
3. Applicants must pass the graduate school battery of tests that covers intelligence, aptitude, and personality.
4.. Non-English speaking applicants must pass the English Placement Test to enter the graduate program or provide scores of at least 500 on a TOEFL test taken within the previous two (2) years. Students must have their official TOEFL scores sent directly to SSC’s Admissions Office prior to their registration at SSC. In the event that an applicant has not taken the TOEFL test, enrollment in the prescribed English classes is required upon registration for the first and all subsequent terms at SSC, until such time as the proficiency in English has been judged to be sufficient.
5. Preferably applicants must have had at least two (2) years of work experience in the course/program applied for.
Application Procedure for Graduate School for School Year 2021-2020
The St. Scholastica’s College Manila Entrance Examinations, as well as the admission interviews, will still be waived for School Year 2021-2022 applicants.
All applications will be done online via www.ssc.edu.ph. Walk-in applications and inquiries are temporarily suspended until further notice.
You may contact the Admissions Office by sending an email to email@example.com,ph or calling (02) 8567-7686 locals 8169 and 8163. Office hours are 8:00AM to 5:00PM, Monday to Friday, and 8:00 to 112:00 NN on a Saturday.
Below are the specific steps for online application for Graduate School:
Submit a scanned copy of the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Letter of Intent to Apply to your chosen degree program
2. Transcript of Records
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. Course Descriptions (For crediting purposes; only if you are a transferee)
Kindly indicate in the subject line of your email the following – APPLICATION for GRADUATE SCHOOL-(Degree Program): LAST NAME, First Name (e.g. APPLICATION for GRADUATE SCHOOL-MA Counseling: DELA CRUZ, Juanita).
After submission of the initial requirements, kindly wait for the confirmation of the status of your application and advice on the number of credited units (if any).
Once you have received confirmation of your eligibility to apply, you will be instructed to register online through www.ssc.edu.ph. Complete the process until payment of fees. Instead of paying the full amount of Php 500.00, you only need to pay the registration fee of Php 200.00.**
Payment may be done online through BDO Online Banking facility using the following details:
Account Name: ST. SCHOLASTICA’S COLLEGE
Account Number: 004580000210
Branch: BDO Taft Vito Cruz Branch
Email a clear copy of the proof of successful online payment or deposit slip to the following email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate in the subject line of your email the following – PROOF OF PAYMENT FOR ADMISSIONS APPLICATION: LAST NAME, First Name, Grade/Level/Program (e.g. PROOF OF PAYMENT FOR ADMISSIONS APPLICATION: DELA CRUZ, Juanita/Graduate School/MA Counseling).
In the body of the email, kindly provide the reference number of the online payment transaction indicated in your proof of payment. Also, make sure that the image submitted clearly displays the said reference number for the transaction.
Once payment has been confirmed, a link will be sent to your registered email (the one used during the initial online registration), so you can proceed to completing the application process. You will be receiving a confirmation email when you have successfully submitted your online application.
Upon successful completion of the online registration, your application will be evaluated. This will take a few days. Once your application has been approved, a Letter of Acceptance** will be sent to you via email. Together with this letter are detailed instructions on payment of the nonrefundable confirmation fee and a list of requirements for submission before the clearance for enrolment is given.
*Kindly take note that full Admission to the grade/course/level will be given after the submission and evaluation of your other requirements. SSC Manila reserves the right to refuse admission based on the standards set by the School.
**The registration fee is non-refundable.
Additional Requirements and Application Fees for Foreign Students and Applicants with Dual Citizenship
For Foreign Applicants and those with Dual Citizenship, aside from the initial documents needed for registration, there will be additional documentary requirements for initial evaluation. Below are the said documents which must be submitted in CLEAR digitally scanned format:
For Foreign Applicants:
1. Your original authenticated academic records (transcript of records)Kindly ensure that your academic records (transcript of records) have been authenticated by the Office of the Philippine Embassy/ Office of the Consular Official in the country which has jurisdiction over the issuing school. All documents must have the English translation of the entries, particularly the name of the student, subjects (with descriptions), grades, and grade level.Note: Applicants whose documents have not been authenticated by the Philippine Embassy of the issuing school or country of origin may go to the Department of Foreign Affairs in the Philippines to have the said documents validated.
2. Passport, particularly the bio-page and page/s where stamps of latest departure and arrival in the country are found.
3. Student Visa or other latest Visa (accepted for study) and I-Card (must still be valid at least two months into the semester of first enrollment).
4. Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR-I-Card)
5. Documents for the issuance of Special Study Permit (SSP)
6. Course description of all subjects taken.
7. Certificate of Recognition as a Filipino if with DUAL CITIZENSHIP.
80 Accomplished two (2) SSC Manila Recommendation Forms which can be downloaded through www.ssc.edu.ph one each coming from the applicant’s former School Administrators, Professor, Guidance Counselor, and the most recent employer (or the last employer for those who have stopped working prior to program application).
Though the initial copies may be submitted in digital format, you will be required to present the original documents for verification purposes before you are cleared for enrolment in the event of successful admission to SSC Manila. All foreign applicants must pay the application fee of USD 20 as well as the one-time Foreign Student’s Fee of USD 500 at the Business Office upon enrollment.
For those with Dual Citizenship:
Please submit a photocopy of the Philippine Passport and the Certificate of Recognition as a Filipino Citizen.
Grade Maintenance/Retention Requirement
St. Scholastica’s College’s Graduate School expects all its students to meet its academic requirements to stay in their selected program of study. Thus, applicants are expected to meet the following:
1. A minimum grade of 3.0 in all subjects or compliance with the program maintenance requirements;
2. Interview by a panel of faculty members for those experiencing difficulties in meeting the program’s academic requirements. Students having academic difficulties may be retained/ delisted upon the recommendation of the panel. Students may be put on academic probation for a semester. Continued failure to comply with the academic requirements set by the Graduate School will mean automatic removal from the program; and
3. Students are discouraged from dropping/withdrawing a course to avoid delay in completing their program of study
Behavioral Expectations from The Psychology and Counseling Program
The Psychology and Counseling Program reserves the right to decide on the retention of students manifesting attitudes and behaviors considered to be inimical to their performance as future counselors and psychologists. Such students may be delisted /retained upon the recommendation of a panel of counselors / psychologists.
1. Completion of all academic requirements
2. Passing of the written comprehensive examination
3. Successful defense of thesis/project
Important Reminders on Reservation of Slots for Enrollment
An applicant who is interested to enroll in SSC Manila must submit her/his Reply Slip attached to the Acceptance Letter received from the Admissions Office so on after receipt of the said status letter. The information provided on the reply slip submitted would serve as the basis for recording the applicant’s name under the level/track she/he is accepted in.
Kindly be advised that a slot will only be reserved for the accepted applicant upon payment of the Confirmation Fee. Full admissions will only be declared after submission of the ORIGINAL report card or transfer credential (for transferees).