- Office Head & Staff
- Policies & Guidelines
- Technical Services & Resources
- Special Facilities
- Photo Gallery
The Junior High School Audio-Visual Center is a multi-media center which serves primarily the junior high school unit and other members of the Scholastican community. The center is located at the 3rd floor of the Sr. Lieou Sy Building or the High School Extension building. It houses and circulates an adequate collection of audio-visual equipment and materials.
Guided by the Mission of St. Scholastica’s College, the Junior High School Audio-Visual Center commits itself to offer integrated-interactive multimedia learning resource center where Christian virtues and Benedictine values are reflected and manifested in the center’s organization, operation, and management.
• Support the curricular and co-curricular program of the high school unit through increased access to educational media and technology
• Give technical assistance in the production of instructional materials and the development of technical skills to promote quality education
• Practice Christian virtues and Benedictine values in the operation and management of the Audio-Visual Center
JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL AVC
St. Scholastica’s College
2560 Leon Guinto Street
Philippines / P.O. Box 3135
Phone: (632) 8567 – 7686 locals 3361 & 3362
• All Audio-Visual equipment and materials are to be used within the SSC campus only. Requests for the use of equipment outside the campus will be decided on a case to case basis.
• Users must always bring with them their school ID in order to avail of the High School Audio Visual Center’s facilities and services.
• All reservations for the use of the AVC facilities and materials and requests for AV services should be made at least 24 working hours prior to the scheduled use.
• The AVC office should be informed if the request is cancelled at least two (2) hours before the actual use.
• As a rule, no class activity in the Audio Visual Center area is allowed when the teacher is absent.
• The person is held responsible for all losses and damages to any AV materials and facilities reserved or requested under her/his name.
• All equipments are in good condition. If there is any malfunction, the user should notify the AVC office immediately.
• Teachers and students can use the various non-print materials of the college and grade school AV centers provided the request for such materials is coursed through the High School AVC head at least one (1) day before the actual use.
• Smoking, littering, eating and drinking within the AVC area are strictly prohibited.
Rules for Charging Fines/Losses and Damages
• Borrowed megaphones, microphones, cassette recorders, CD Players, karaoke and other audio-visual materials, should be returned to the High School Audio Visual Center Office on or before the time specified in the request slip.
• A fine of Php 5.00 per hour shall be charged for delayed return. A fine of Php 50.00 per day shall be imposed on equipment/materials not returned on the scheduled date of returning.
Circulation of Audio Visual Materials
• Audio CD’s
• VCD’s DVD’s
• Video Tapes
Circulation of Audio-Visual Equipment
• Cassette Recorder
• CD Player/USB player
• Document Feeder
• Digital Voice Recorder
• DVD.VCD Player
• Graphing Calculator
• Multi Media Projector
• Portable PA System
• Still Camera (Digital and Analog)
• Texas Instrument
• Transparency Feeder
• Video Light
• Video Camera
• Wireless Mimio Interactive Toolbar
• Video and Photo Coverage
• Cut to Cut Video Editing
• VHS to DVD
• DVD to DVD
• VCD to DVD
• CD to CD
• Cassette Tape to CD
• Audio of Video to DVD
• Digital Pictures to CD
The Junior High School Audio-Visual Center has three viewing rooms, equipped with sounds and lights facilities, multi-media and overhead projectors suitable for seminars/workshops and film viewing and small stage presentations. Each viewing room has a seating capacity of fifty (50) people.