ST. SCHOLASTICA’S COLLEGE FARMS AND MINI-FORESTS
Brgy. Bagbag, Tanauan, Batangas
A school farm where stakeholders of SSC learn to care for Mother Earth through disciplined stewardship.
A school farm for ecological awareness and education.
Ten Ecological Principles Practiced in the SSC School Farm and Forest:
- We believe in the interconnectedness of creation. We shall further biodiversity among human beings, plants, animals and non- living things.
- We respect creation in all its forms. We plant, build and nurture. We resist all forms of ecological destruction such as mining, logging and land, water and air pollution.
- We practice organic farming.
- We eat food that is good for our health.
- We use natural products and avoid plastic and synthetic materials.
- We practice the 3 R’s: recycle all the time, rehabilitate when needed and return to Mother Earth what rightly belongs to her.
- We do not litter and keep our garbage within manageable proportion.
- We practice sustainable consumption – we consume only what we need.
- We appreciate the presence of persons, plants and animals in this farm and forest. We cultivate peace and work for healing of wounded creation.
- We don’t leave this farm and forest without concrete action for Mother Earth.
That In All Things God May Be Glorified!