Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Bachelor of Arts in Guidance and Counseling
St. Scholastica’s College is the pioneer in offering in integrated BS Psychology and AB Guidance and Counseling program for those who wish to focus on becoming future school counselors and HR practitioners. It provides an extensive knowledge- and skills-based program in the handling of human behavior geared towards equipping its students with skills in human-relations, management, interviewing and group counseling, guidance and counseling. These two courses can be taken separately also.
The Psychology and Counseling Department commits to the preparation of future psychologists and counselors, who are well-rounded professionals, steeped in the theories of psychology and counseling and the skills to translate them to actual practice in the service to humankind.
The Department envisions students and graduates to be academically prepared for the competence and integrity in higher studies and in professional practice, imbued with Benedictine values that manifest in their intrapersonal and interpersonal lives, with a passion to seek truth and help others.
Our graduates keep abreast with developments and are ready to respond to the challenge of the changing times, and strive for competence in their chosen fields while remaining faithful to the responsibility of the life they have embraced.
To provide a competency-based and student-centered learning environment that facilitates the student’s personal, academic and professional development, anchored in Benedictine service and spirituality.
The program of study aims to help students:
• Develop intra and interpersonal awareness and skills that will produce healthy relationships with the self and others;
• Identify, evaluate and select appropriate tools and strategies for understanding and helping individuals and groups;
• Develop skills in assessing, facilitating, and evaluating individuals and groups;
• Identify problem areas for research and apply appropriate methods for finding answers objectively;
• Cite and apply theoretical and ethical bases in the practice of research, testing, counseling and training; and
• Pursue graduate school work should they consider further studies.
The Department offers an array of academic programs all geared towards producing quality professionals and practitioners in the field of Psychology, Counseling and Human Resource Management, and Management Psychology.
School of Arts and Sciences
Dean’s Office Landline: (632) 567-7686 (local 2292)
Faculty Landline: (632) 8567-7686 (locals 2279, 2277, and 2230)
St. Scholastica’s College Manila
2560 Leon Guinto Street,
Malate, Metro Manila