What is SSAFI?
ST. SCHOLASTICAS ALUMNAE
FOUNDATION, INC. is a non-stock, non-profit
organization of St. Scholastica’s College alumnae.
To strengthen the ties of our alumnae and our Alma Mater
To rekindle the Scholastican Spirit of Ora et Labora, Pray and Work
To share resources and extend service to the community
To empower women by its values and projects
To unite and move our alumnae in the service of the school and the community
Alumnae: To keep the alumnae informed, involved and committed
School: To foster involvement of its alumnae by assisting the school and its students in
furthering the Scholastican values
Community: To lead and establish projects to assist the community, the
environment and society
Voluntary donations to SSAFI as a form of "giving back":
1. SSC Night Secondary School (NSS)-Young girls from the impoverished area of barangay 745 & 746 around SSC campus are sent to the St. Scholastica's Night Secondary School for high school. In addition, they learn dress-making, doll-making,basic computer,typing, book-keeping and accounting.Starting with only two young girls in 1984, the scholarship program has graduated more than 200 students of SSAFI. The valedictorians for the past years were from SSAFI's roster of scholars and given full College scholarships by the school. ( http://www.ssc.edu.ph/sscweb_content/admissions_acadscholar.htm)
2. Don Bosco Technical Scholarships from the Singalong poor community of Barangays 745 & 746-Deserving young men are sent to Don Bosco to train as auto mechanics, electricians, machine-ship or aircon mechanics. The graduates either have steady well-paying jobs or have established their own business repairing cars or appliances.
3. Child of a Scholastican Scholarship-The scholarship program is a concept intended to provide tuition funds for daughters of Scholastican alumnae who have suffered financial set-backs. Because of these set-backs, these daughters might have to interrupt their studies in SSC Manila. In order to avert these unfortunate situation, SSAFI will provide funds for the continuation of their studies, subject to certain guidelines. SSAFI is appealing to all alumnae to think about this project in their works of charity. Any amount is most welcome.
4. Retired nuns at St. Benedict Homes, SSC Marikina
5. Calamity Victims via eg Social Action Center
6. Christmas Packages for maintenance staff and Singalong poor community
7. Other donations as requested by the school (seminars of students,environmental like tree planting,shows, events, athletic scholarships,etc)
8. Donations to SSRDF (http://www.ssrdf.com.ph/). When the St. Scholastica Research and Develoopment Foundation was established, the St. Scholastica's Alumnae Association (former SSAFI) worked hard to raise funds for SSRDF.