2560 Leon Guinto Street

Singalong, Malate, Manila

Philippines

632-5677686

632-5597593

about-us

ABOUT US

Association of Benedictine Schools (ABS)

holy family academy 1HOLY FAMILY ACADEMY, PAMPANGA
Sto. Rosario Street, Pampanga

Holy Family Academy in Angeles City, Pampanga remains a diocesan school administered by the Benedictine Sisters.  Presently, it has a total student population of close to 4000 students.   Due to the limitations of the school area beside the parish church, Holy Family Academy has expanded its campus by moving its high school department to Cut-Cut, some distance from the center of the city.

SSA Bacolod

ST. SCHOLASTICA’S ACADEMY, BACOLOD
P.O. Box 142 Brgy. Mandalagan, La Salle Avenue, Bacolod City,  6100

St. Scholastica’s Academy in Bacolod. After reconstruction of the devastated St. Scholastica’s Priory and College, the requests for schools re-started. Alumnae of St. Scholastica’s College, Manila, asked for a school in Bacolod City where their children could get a Scholastican education. Mr. Alfredo Montelibano donated the land where the new St. Scholastica’s Academy, Bacolod opened in 1958. Presently, it has a total student population of 1813.

 st. agnes academy3ST. AGNES ACADEMY, LEGAZPI 
 Brgy. No. 17, Rizal Street, Legaspi City 4500

St. Agnes Academy in Legazpi, Albay, has celebrated its centenary last year 2012. It was founded six years after St. Scholastica’s College.  In 1910, a chance encounter between the prioress, Mother Clodesindis Lueken, OSB, on her return trip from the United States, with the bishop of Legazpi led to the founding of St. Agnes Academy. The bishop of Legazpi expressed his desire to have a school for girls in his diocese to be managed by the Benedictine Sisters.  His sister, Agnes, offered to donate the first building. Thus, St. Agnes Academy was born.

In spite of annual typhoons and the occasional eruption of Mayon Volcano nearby, St. Agnes Academy continues to welcome the youth from Legazpi and neighboring towns. The student population is made up of 2,673 boys and girls.

 

St. Scho ManilaST. SCHOLASTICA’S COLLEGE, MANILA
2560 Leon Guinto Street, Malate, Manila 1004

St. Scholastica’s College in Manila is the first educational institution established by the Sisters in 1906, soon after their arrival in the country.  From an initial enrolment of 8 students in the grade school, it now has close to 5,000 students from Kindergarten to Graduate School. 

sscmarikina2ST. SCHOLASTICA’S ACADEMY, MARIKINA
29 West Drive St., Marikina Heights, Marikina City

St. Scholastica’s Academy, Marikina, was opened in 1961 as a result of the effort of the Sisters of the Manila Priory to deload the Prioress and to decongest the campus of St. Scholastica’s College, Manila. Towards the end of 1959 the Tuason Brothers offered six hectares of land in Marikina at a price that almost made it a gift. The Land was to be paid in installments after five years. The Sisters heartily accepted the offer.

The ground breaking for the new school was held on July 16, 1960 with Mrs. Imelda Cancio-Borromeo, an alumna of St. Scholastica’s College, Manila as the architect.  St. Scholastica’s Academy Marikina takes the central position in the beautifully planned Marikina Heights subdivision occupying a whole block of approximately six (6) hectares of rolling hill ground in the Marikina Valley.

Like all beginnings, that in Marikina Heights was not spared of difficulties. For a start, they had only sixty-two (62) pupils (twenty-nine (29) in pre-school and thirty-three (33) in grade school including some small boys).  Two (2) classes were in one room and they had classes until 2:00 p.m., with recess and lunch break between. Now the school has grown to more than 3,000 students from Kindergarten to Fourth Year, High School.

 

ssc talisaycebu1ST. SCHOLASTICA’S ACADEMY, TABUNOK
6045 Tabunok, Talisay, Cebu

St. Scholastica”s Academy, Tabunok, Talisay City, Cebu was founded in July 1965 by Missionary Benedictine Sisters in response to the request of His Eminence Julio Cardinal Rosales, for a Catholic high school in the vicinity of Talisay. The site is located on a 1.5 hectare campus, about 100 meters from the national highway and around 10 kilometers south of Cebu City. It has a student population of almost a 1000 students.

The night high school opened during the school year 1972-1973 with an initial enrolment of 99 students who were working students. The opening of the night department was to enable young working men and women in the area to avail of a high school education. However, with the opening of a public night high school in the locality, this was gradually phased out. School year 1997-1998 saw the last graduate of the night high school in SSA-Tabunok.

 

st. peters college1ST. PETER’S COLLEGE, ORMOC
Fr. Ismael Cataag St., Ormoc City

In 1930 the Benedictine Sisters were called to the Visayas for the rehabilitation and upgrading of St. Peter’s Institute, a diocesan school in Ormoc, Leyte.   Initially operating only a grade school, the Sisters added the high school and so it became St. Peter’s Academy.  Some years later the Sisters also offered college courses, and the academy became St. Peter’s College. Presently, there are 734 boys and girls in Grade School, 943 in High School and 388 in College.

sf01ST. SCHOLASTICA’S ACADEMY, SAN FERNANDO 
San Agustin, San Fernando, Pampanga 2000

St. Scholastica’s Academy, San Fernando, Pampanga, was formerly a diocesan school.  In 1925, it was sold to the Benedictine Sisters who had been managing the school for several years. Known then as Assumption Academy, it was later decided to change its name to St. Scholastica’s Academy, Pampanga, to establish its link with the Benedictine Sisters as well as to avoid its being linked with Assumption Convent in Manila and the newly opened Assumption University owned by the diocese.

The school grew fast and later transferred to Cerhil, its present site, just in the outskirts of San Fernando City.Presently, St. Scholastica’s Academy, Pampanga, has a population of 3112 students.

 

holy family hs bacolodHOLY FAMILY VOCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL, BACOLOD
Sum-ag, Bacolod c/o St. Scholastica’s Academy

Holy Family Vocational High School in Sum-ag. Stirred by their social consciences, a number of these Scholasticans proposed to initiate setting up a free school where poor girls could learn the home arts and have better chances for employment after high school. This was the start of Holy Family Vocational High School in 1966. Finding the cause worthy of endorsement, the German government a few years later donated a larger building with well-equipped laboratories for science, sewing and cooking. About 300 young girls have the chance of a good Catholic and practical education.

416871_259408137473434_1075095939_nST. SCHOLASTICA’S COLLEGE OF HEALTH AND SCIENCES 
Sta. Cruz Street, Tacloban

The Missionary Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing in Tacloban have always been involved in the health sector of society in Eastern Visayas or Region VIII.  Since 1965, these Sisters have managed and administered efficiently the Divine Word Hospital, the largest tertiary care health institution in this part of the Philippines.  This hospital also serves as a training institution for students in medicine, nursing, medical technology and other allied health courses.  With the rapid turn-over of health professionals who opted to work abroad and the closure of Divine Word University of Tacloban in 1995, Divine Word Hospital experienced a set-back in its health services especially those given by competent nurses.  Thus, the Missionary Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing in Tacloban came with the idea of establishing a college of health sciences.

On April 11, 2000 St. Scholastica’s College Tacloban (SSCT) got its permit to open First year courses in Bachelor of Science in Biology, Medical Technology, Nursing and Pharmacy.  Following a previous CHED Memorandum on the implementation of 

tacloban_hospital_annexthe Associate in Health Science Education (AHSE) curriculum in the first two years of health science programs in the Philippines, the courses in Medical Technology, Nursing and Pharmacy became AHSE – Integrated.

Finally, on a Monday morning of June 5, 2000, SSCT formally opened to 336 male and female first year students composed of 32 in BS Biology, and 304 in the two years AHSE who were further classified as AHSE-Medical Technology (95), AHSE-Nursing (107) and AHSE-Pharmacy (102).

The Benedictine motto of “Ora et Labora” (Prayer and Work) inspired the Scholastican community in Tacloban to achieve excellence in Christian Formation, Quality Education, Community Extension, and Research and Publication. 

The commitment of the college to provide quality Catholic education in Eastern Visayas is already established. It will continue to strive for excellence and create a balance in achieving its vision and mission, summed up in its four thrusts of Christian Formation, Quality Instruction, Community Extension, and Research & Publication.

 

ssc west grove 2ST. SCHOLASTICA’S COLLEGE, WESTGROVE 
Ayala Westgrove Heights, Silang Cavite

“When I look at this building of St. Scholastica’s College Westgrove, standing majestically at a choice spot here at AyalaWestgrove Heights with its graceful columns and pillar, it transports me to the age-long tradition of Benedictine education…” 

(Excerpts from the Address of M. Angelica Leviste, OSB during the school’s blessing on July 1, 2001.)

The latest of the schools established by the Missionary Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing, 

St. Scholastica’s College Westgrove offers the same quality of education as its sister schools all over the island. Strongly rooted in Benedictine values, it started its operation with the opening of Kindergarten, Prep, Grade 1- 3 and Year I high school and Year I extension classes for the college on June 4, 2001.

St. Scholastica’s College Westgrove situated in Silang, Cavite sits on a hilly terrain overlooking the lowlands of outlaying Sta. Rosa, Laguna and parts of Cavite.  The six-hectare property donated by Ayala Land Incorporated is 3.8 kilometers near Laguna Techno Park, Sta., Rosa, Laguna.  This parcel of land is situated in Barangay Inchican, Municipality of Silang, Province of Cavite, Island of Luzon.